About Universal Map Keys I
A large set of keys that generally use widely accepted color schemes for a wide variety of different products, hazards, and weather types.
Currently (as of December 1st, 2021), there are 32 keys available. Each key contains at least 4 PNG variations. The following keys are included:
- 24 hour temperature change
- Average return interval
- Cloud coverage
- Dew points
- Drought severity
- Fire weather hazards (NWS/SPC)
- Severe risk (SPC)
- Flood hazards (NWS)
- Hail probabilities (SPC)
- Wind probabilities (SPC)
- Tornado probabilities (SPC)
- Lapse rates
- Potential of precipitation
- Quantitative precipitation forecast
- Severe warnings color scheme I
- Severe warnings color scheme II
- Severe watches color scheme I
- Severe watches color scheme II
- Temperature probabilities
- Thunderstorm probabilities (SPC)
- Wind chills
- Winter storm severity index
- Winter weather hazards (NWS)
- Wind gusts
- Sustained wind
- Ice accumulation
These keys are primarily designed for use on maps, however they could be incorporated into other graphics to display the according color scheme for hazards/values.
Each key is 2550 pixels wide by 358 pixels tall.
Variants Available for Each Key
All keys include at least 4 variations. One variant includes a fade/gradient version of the key colors, a solid color (hard lines for each different color) variant, an in-between crossover of the blurred & hard-lined variations, and one hard-lined variant without any text (so you can incorporate custom key text).